Friday, July 3, 2015

Mad Scientist Rhapsody

This is a parody of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody"


Is this my own lab
Or university
The future of science
Shackled by beuracracy
Open your eyes
Think, realize, and see
I'm just a genius, I.Q. two-eighty-three
But I have grand ideas, a grand design
An awesome gift, an awesome mind
Sci-en-tific Progress - the only thing that matters to me
To me

Mayor, just deranged a man
Put a cathode in his brain
Flipped my switch, now he's insane
Mayor, tenure had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mayor, oooh
I've got a need to show you all
This is a minor setback, I am quite infallable
It's science, it's science, the only thing that matters

Today, you cast me out
Sent me running on the rail
Threats of lawsuit, threats of jail
Farewell, laboratory, behind me now
Gotta take my tattered notes and start anew
Mayor, oooh
I don't want to fail
Have you no regard for science at all…

I see a little silhouetto of a plan
Calculation, inspiration, per-mut-a-tion and now
Thunderbolt and lightning, terribly exciting me!
(Is it working) Yes, it's working
(Is it working) Yes, it's working
Yes, it's working, yes it's working - It's Alive!  (maniacial laughter)
It's my creation, it is unstoppable!
(It's his creation, it's going to show them all!)
(Rise up and fight for his genius and … oh!)
(Giant hands, giant teeth, will you let me go?)
It hungers!  No!  It will not let you go. (Let me go)
It hungers!  It will not let you go. (Let me go)
It hungers!  It will not let you go. (Let me go)
It will not let you go. (Let me go)
It will not let you go. (Let me go)
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
(Oh giant monster, giant monster, giant monster let me go)
The science books have a chapter set aside for me, for me, for me!

So you think you can impose supression on me
So you think I'll just cast my brainchild in the sea
Oh mayor!  Can't do this to me mayor!
My creature is coming, my creature is coming for you-who-who

It's the only thing that matters
Anyone can see
It's the only thing that matters, it's the only thing that matters to me
Sci-en-tif-ic pro-gress

No comments:

Post a Comment